Monday, October 6, 2008

Tampa's QB and the NASCAR controversy


** Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden says that he will announce his starting QB Wednesday for the Carolina game -- it'll either be Brian Griese, who hurt his shoulder in the loss to Denver yesterday, or Jeff Garcia. I think the Panthers would be better off with Griese starting, actually -- a little banged up and quite immobile. Garcia (above) is more of a moving target.

** If that had been Dale Earnhardt Jr. instead of Regan Smith passing Tony Stewart "illegally" on the final lap at Talladega, I'd bet you a Wachovia takeover offer that Earnhardt Jr.'s victory would have stood.

** John Fox's news conference Monday was boooooring -- if you need help sleeping tonight, read the transcript here. The Panthers won by the most lopsided margin in their 14-year history Sunday, but if you had been listening to Fox, you might have guessed they just had a preseason scrimmage that ended in a scoreless tie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott I am with you I would rather face Greise, Garcia has killed us. I still remember that Eagles MNF where he had a career night against us.

Somehow I think the Panthers can expect Garcia.